Wednesday 28 March 2018

How I relax and unwind


I'm a total lover of pamper sessions and any chance I get I'll hop in that bath with a cup of tea or a glass of prosecco, depending on what day it is, and just chill out. So after a day at work or on a lazy weekend what does a horizontal (ha!) person like me do to relax? Here are my favourite things to do when I just need to chill out:

Run. That. Bath. I put all of the bubbles in, if I have a bath bomb even better! Is there anything better than a bubbly bath, glass of prosecco and an episode of Endeavour? If I'm wanting to go all out with the relaxation I'll have what I like to call 'a hair wash bath' which is basically a bath where I wash my hair. It's like a full on treatment - head to toe pampering!

Putting a face mask on is like the ultimate pamper time for me. There's two I'm switching between at the minute and I feel like they're a match made in heaven. When my face is feeling a bit sad and dehydrated I use the Oskia Renaissance Mask. This costs a literal arm and a leg (luckily I got it in an advent calendar) so I've been using it sparingly but it does a great job of giving my skin a boost of hydration without making it feel oily or greasy. When my face is more on the spotty side of just feels gunked up I'm all about the epoch Glacial Mud Mask (thanks Amy for hooking me up!) . It draws all the nastiness from my skin without shrivelling it up like a prune. I have to say I'm really impressed with how non-drying it is for this kind of mask and although I've only been using it for a few weeks my skin seems to be enjoying it!

I'm addicted to tea, it's potentially my biggest obsession and I'm totally okay with that. There's nothing better than getting the biggest mug we have, popping in two sweeteners, bashing that teabag and going ham with the milk. Drinking a cup of tea is one of my ultimate happy places and I usually have about six cups a day so you know, treat yo' self.

Last week I was spending my mornings and evenings on a 40 minute train journey and although the teatime train was a bit like hell on earth, my morning trips were a total delight! I decided to take the time to get in some reading and I sped through The F Word by Lily Pebbles. I love Lily's videos and was really looking forward to reading her book but I was really surprised at how much I loved it. If you don't know, it's a book about female friendships with stories, advice and anecdotes. When I was reading it I saw all of my friends in the book, they all slotted into the different situations and I loved that. This little morning reading slot made me look forward to my daily commute and definitely chilled me out before a day at work.

An honourable mention goes to TV. I'm obsessed with it and have mentioned my love for it many times (see here) so I'll keep it brief. Cup of tea in hand, Ru Paul's Drag Race on the box, switch the brain off - is there anything better?

What's your favourite thing to do to relax?



Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home