Wednesday 9 April 2014

Harrogate Trip


Monday was a fun filled day full of food, food and food! Me and my mum went to Harrogate for the day to have a relaxing bonding sesh. The main reason for going was to go for afternoon tea at Betty's and it certainly didn't disappoint! After arriving in Harrogate at around 11am we had a little Debenham browse before realising we were going to pass out from hunger so we went straight to Betty's. I love that place so much, words can't even describe, so every time I go in I'm always over whelmed.

The afternoon tea (which can be consumed at anytime of the day) comes with three wonderful layers:

  • Sandwiches- Egg mayonnaise, roasted ham and mustard, chicken and tarragon mayonnaise and smoked salmon with cream cheese.
  • Scone- Sultana or cheese scone with jam and clotted cream.
  • Cakes- Lemon macaroon, fruit tart and chocolate and praline mousse cake.
I think that my overall favourite layer was the sandwich layer, which is really surprising because I have a really sweet tooth, but they were just so yummy I was blown away! There's something about putting small foods on a cute stand and drinking tea which takes a whole procedure to drink that makes me so happy, and it all tastes ten times better. I will definitely be having another one of these in the near future.

The rest of the trip consisted of shopping and buying more Betty's cakes to eat later on that evening (yay for cake!). Love Harrogate!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home