Monday 14 March 2016

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation



I did it. I took the plunge and bought my first ever high end foundation. Exciting, scary, and my purse did not thank me for it. I thought I'd write a little bit about my experience buying the foundation and my overall thoughts. Let's start with the TORTURE it was to buy this thing for my face. Okay, slightly over dramatic but it was quite scary. The Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is £29, nearly triple the price of my other foundations, and once you buy it that's it, no take-sy back-sies, it's yours whether you like it or not. The Too Faced counter in the Debenhams in Nottingham never has anyone working on it, near it, within a mile of it. You're literally by yourself unless you want to drag someone from another counter over to help you out. I do quite like that in a way because you can browse at your own leisure but it proved difficult when trying to colour match myself. My usual guide is always go for the lightest one, but the lightest one they had instore here was Ivory, what seemed that a medium yellow toned shade. I really wanted this foundation though so I thought I'd see if I could make the colour work. I put a little pump on the back of my hand and put a little bit on my jawline because I've heard in the past that that is the place to test the colour of a foundation. I could not see a thing. So I went one step further and covered my entire chin because I hoped I'd be able to see if the colour was right. I literally still couldn't see. The lighting just made everything seem to be white and I could not for the life of me tell if this would work. So I went outside. Into the busy Nottingham market square to have a proper look. I took photos of myself and was zooming in, I had my mirror out to see if it looked right but I could not for the life of my see it on my skin. I then decided that if I couldn't see it, the likelihood was that it was my shade and it would work. So, I bought it and I have to say I'm so happy that I did!

This foundation is amazing. From the first time I used it until now I knew it was the one. The coverage is medium-full with it probably being more on the full side. One pump is plenty to do your whole face and a little goes a very long way. My skin has been reacting very strangely to my foundations recently but this just blurs over my face and makes it look flawless, and trust me there are a lot of flaws to lessen. I do have to blot my face throughout the day to get rid of a bit of shine but I have to do that with all of my foundations so that is nothing new. I can't express how much I love this foundation, it is simply stunning. If you are a fan of high coverage, flawless looking foundations then you need this in your life. It's made me love Too Faced even more as a brand and I really want to branch out and try even more of their products.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home