Thursday 24 March 2016

Why did I buy that?


This post isn't really a products I regret buying but more of a what was the reason behind me buying this product. I have some things in my makeup collection that I either 1. Never use or 2. Use once in a blue moon, so I thought it would be good to see why I actually bought the products and if it's time for me to get rid or not. So let's get into it.

I bought the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Complex two years ago after I heard Viviannadoesmakeup rave about it in a fair few of her videos. When I went into Boots to buy this I thought "this looks a bit pale and peachy for me" but I bought it anyway because apparently I had money to burn. When I first opened it I thought the smell was really weird, kind of menthol-y and not what you'd expect from a lip product. When I applied it I was keen on the colour but I thought that I could make it work (*spoiler alert I did but not in a good way*). It didn't last well on the lips and when I applied it it felt like an actual crayon. So if I don't where it WHY DO I STILL HAVE IT?!? Well, I use it, once a year, when I dress as a chav for an Ocean Wednesday because it makes my lips looks like the concealer lip trend of 2009. Next up is something that I've spoken about before and that I just seriously need to get rid of, the Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in First Date. The colour of this isn't something I'd normally go for so I don't why I thought I'd ever where it but that's only the beginning of the issue. The smell is overly sickly (luckily the re-branded ones smell so good) and the formula was sticky and really uncomfortable on the lips. I need to put this in the bin because I'm not using it. The next thing is something that has nothing wrong with it in terms of quality but it's just such a random purchase. It's the Kiko Eyeshadow Stick in 40 Clover Green. I bought this to be a dragon for one Ocean Wednesday. For one thing. It cost me £6.90 and it was nearing the end of term and I did not have that kind of cash! What was I thinking?!?!! It's an amazing product and it worked really well but it was such an unnecessary buy. More money than sense. Last up is another disappointment. It's the Benefit Pore-Fessional License To Blot Blotting Stick. Someone please tell me how this works because I don't understand how I'm supposed to blot my face without smearing my makeup all over my face. Someone PLEASE tell me because I really want this product to work! It's a mini because I bought it from Sephora and it was part of the Benefit Pore-Fessional Kit which came with a primer, powder and all kinds of things like that so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home