Monday 24 August 2015

The Smoky Eye Palette of Dreams



It happened. It actually happened. I have a big beauty item pretty soon after it comes out. Wow. This is the Naked Smoky palette. A dark eye lovers dream and as soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one. If you read my Sephora haul post last week you'll know that I picked this up whilst I was in America. it was kind of an impulse purchase in the sense that my mum told me it was there and I just put it in my basket but I have the Naked 3 and love it to pieces and there is no doubt that Urban Decay know their eyeshadows. I've been using this a lot ever since I came back from my holiday to get a good idea of whether this is the palette for me, and I have to say it could be one of my favourites. I love the fact that it's so easy to do any sort of look. Daytime is a breeze and although I haven't tested it out in terms of a full on night out smoky eye (that's a job for this weekend's visit to Oxford) it can do a sultry look easily.

So far my favourite shades have been High, a champagne shimmer that works all over the lid and in the inner corner, Whiskey, a gorgeous crease shade which I blend out and works with any look and Black Market which looks great along the lash line. I've been turning more towards the warmer shades in the palette as apposed to the greys but I love the versatility and that if I fancy a cooler toned eye look I can easily achieve one. I'm very excited t try out Smolder, the purple in the palette, because the Naked palettes are known for sticking to strictly neutral shades. I like the fact that they've added in a pop of colour, the same can be said with Dagger as well as it has a tint of blue, and it creates more versatility with the eye looks. The mix of mattes and shimmers is perfect as this palette has more mattes in than the previous Naked palettes and I think that it was needed.

Never miss one of my posts again, follow me on Bloglovin' and have a great time here with me!


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home