Friday 1 June 2018

Bumper month for TV | May Favourites


I was sitting down, thinking about what I've been loving this month, and it turns out I've been watching a lot of TV this month and most of it has been really good! There are also a couple of products thrown in which I can see being long time favourites, so all in all it's been a great month for favourites!

Glossier. Boy. Brow. Now, will someone please explain to me what magic that is bottled inside this tiny tube? I've seriously never used anything like this. I have it in the shade medium and after just a few swipes my brows are full, plumped up and with no need to any powder or pencil. It works perfectly with my brows when they're tinted and even when the colour has slightly faded, totally natural looking but without making them 'barely there' because believe me they still pack a punch! Literally THE most perfect brow product ever - totally a holy grail.

My Instagram has been full of pictures of the new Body Shop Body Yogurts, and because I am an advertisers dream, I went out and got myself a couple - mango and strawberry. Woah are these things good. Usually I'm all about a thick moisturiser if it's not the consistency of a well whipped meringue then I'm not interested. But during this spell of seriously hot weather, these have been all I've used. I use a lot all at once, so the 15 seconds to sink in tagline that this product has doesn't really apply to me, and I can feel it doing my skin some serious good. Both of the scents stick around for ages afterwards as well, spreading strawberry and mango wherever I go in the house - yummy!

Earlier this month I found myself with a lot of time on my hands and what better way to spend it than binge watching a load of shows! After Stranger Things was ticked off my list (although I still have a few episodes of season two to get through) I gave QueerEye a go on Netflix. WHY HAVE I NOT WATCHED THIS BEFORE! People transforming other people's lives with some sassy comments thrown in, yes please. I think part of the reason I hadn't watched this before is because I'd heard it was emotional and, to be honest, I didn't want to be a sobbing mess. In the end I really didn't care less and I managed to hold it together most of the time, I did find myself ugly crying at one point but I blame the bottle of prosecco I'd enjoyed at home by myself - wow, I really know how to live. Next up on my Netflix spree was The Good Place. I'd heard about this before, can't remember who from, but thought it would be a good 'easy watching' kind of show. Safe to say I got totally sucked in and cannot wait for the third series to come out! If you don't know what it is, it's about  group of people who have died and are in 'The Good Place' - basically heaven - and what they get up to. I don't want to say too much because it'll spoil it, but episodes are only 23 minutes long and it doesn't take much concentration to get what's going on. You'll end up speeding through it.

One I'm currently loving at the minute is Love in the Countryside on BBC. It's basically a dating show for farmers and trust me when I say it will melt your heart. Each 'farmer' has a few prospective candidates to choose from and invites them back to their farm to get to know them a bit better. Not only is it really cute to see people search for their soul mate but there are also some really cute animals! Also, I've been loving the latest season of RuPaul's Drag Race. I'm a massive fan and this year's queens have been ticking all the boxes for me - excited to see who wins!

Mini shoutout to pink lip products - I seriously cannot get enough, it's all I've been wearing over the past month!

What have you been loving this month?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home