Friday 2 February 2018

Glitter lids and hyped soundtrack | January Favourites


January has gone unusually slowly this time around. Normally it's "where has the time gone", "soon it's going to be 2019", "how do we slow down time?!", but I've just been here twiddling my thumbs waiting for Feb to grace us with its presence. Maybe it's because my birthday is in February and I'm just counting down the seconds until I reach the big 23! Anyway, here's what I've been obsessing over during the last month.

Day to day I've been really low key in the makeup department. In an attempt to make my skin better (at the end of last year I'd been having serious issues) I've been going light on the base and that's extended to pretty much everywhere else. So when looking for something none existent for my lips I settled on the Tanya Burr Lipstick in Pink Cocoa. It has a buttery formula and I do a couple of swipes and then smudge it in - job done. It's pretty much the same colour as my lips so works well on days when I'm going light. But I also like to use it with the Pixi Lip Gloss in Honey Sheen applied on top. This plumping gloss makes my lips tingle (tick) and gives a shimmer to my lips without leaving them sticky (tick and tick). I got it in my Look Fantastic Advent Calendar (click here to read other products I loved from that) and it's a great 'chuck in your handbag' product.

For Christmas one of the only things I asked for was the Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow and Santa delivered! I got it in the shade Golden Goddess and it literally the best glitter I've ever seen/used/experienced. A product which had some hype around it, it totally delivers. If you don't know what it is, it's a liquid glitter that you can apply to your lid easily with a concealer type applicator. I've been using it with my Mac Eyeshadow Palette (click here to read my thoughts on that - get me plugging all the posts today!) and it's been perfect for the post festive period.

As a family we have become obsessed with the iPhone game Tsum Tsum, like totally obsessed. It's a Disney connect the characters game and you have a time limit and can collect different characters. There's a lot going on but it's totally addictive and we're hooked. If you're going on a long journey and need to pass the time then I recommend downloading this.

Last but not least, over the past three months I've been into drinking peppermint and liquorice tea before I hit the hay. It's like a better version of peppermint tea with lots of minty-ness but with a kick of sweet at the end. At the minute we have the ones from Pukka but Morrisons do a good one as well.

Quick mention: As I said in my last post, I've been listening to The Greatest Showman soundtrack and I'm hooked. It's so feel-good and easy to listen to, two thumbs up from me.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home