Tuesday 11 November 2014

Fat Cat Cafe!

Source
                                                                                 This. Was. Insane. 
After walking past this place nearly everyday on our walk into town it was time to give it a try! We went at around half 6 on a Tuesday and it was quite busy, but not so much that it was overwhelming. We had to sit ourselves down and get our own menus, which I don't know if it is meant to be like that, but it was fine and we were seen pretty much straight away.


We didn't have starters so we'll go straight onto mains. I had the smokey 3 hour pork and it was amazing! It took a little bit of time for the meal to come but it was a nice leisurely wait. It was two pieces of tender pork belly with a crispy top, a piece of crackling, cubes of black pudding and an array of small roasted vegetables. Everything went really nice together and the portion size was perfect. The flavour of the slightly salty pork and the sweetness of the vegetables was beautiful and spinach added a little extra. If I had one complaint then it would be that it made me quite thirsty but other than that it was absolutely delicious.


For dessert I went for the cheesecake as I thought it wouldn't be too filling and stodgy after the big main meal. I had the option to have it with cream or ice cream and of course I went for cream, it's the best. It was so creamy and soft with a tasty biscuit base and it was just all kinds of good. The portion size was great for the price although I didn't manage to finish it all as I was stuffed! The berries that came on top were nice and sweet and added nicely to the dish. So good! 

The whole meal came to...wait for it...£8.20. I know, insane! I did just drink water so I only paid for food but it's still a stupidly good price! It was only this much because everyday for students it's 50% off food and 20% off drinks. I think this is a sign that I will definitely be returning. 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home