Friday 6 April 2018

What's in my travel skincare bag?



As you read this I'll be living it up in Brighton on a little weekend trip for my friends birthday and to say I'm excited is an understatement - I'm literally bursting! I wanted to see if I could streamline my packing for this trip, especially makeup and skincare-wise, not for any particular reason just because I tend to overpack. A Glossier much seemed like the perfect size, big enough but also quite thin. The bag is pretty much filled with my usual skincare routine but with some cute minis thrown in, so here is what I'm taking skincare-wise on my mini break to Brighton.

I constantly need Micellar Water in my life and these little Garnier ones are the best for when you're out and about. You don't even really need to get this for the product inside (although this is my favourite Micellar Water) but the bottle is great, relatively flat and there's no fear of a massive explosion all over your bag. Also, cotton pads, because I'm sorry but toilet paper and kitchen roll are not the same. For when I need to really cleanse my face during this weekend (say on Sunday morning when I feel like absolute death) then I have this sample size of the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser to use. It's my favourite product for a second cleanse and although it isn't very good at removing makeup, once I've gone over my face with the micellar water it really gets in and cleans out any gunk left on my face and leaves it feeling a little bit happier. It seems like quite a decent sample and I might even get two uses out of it (woo I know how to live life!).

At the minute my skincare routine is very much 'get in all the moisture to stop the skin shriveling up like a little raisin' but this isn't very travel friendly. Enter the Look Fantastic Advent Calendar I had last year. Possibly the best purchase I've ever made it's provided me with new favourites and, most importantly, minis. After using up the serum that you got in the run up to Christmas (which I loved but was SO EXPENSIVE) I can now use the bottle for my serum of choice when I'm out on my travels. The one I'm using at the minute is The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalane (see my early thoughts on it here). I'm so glad that I can still keep up my current skincare routine without it taking up half the room in my bag.

This mini of the Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser is something I've trying to use up. Again an advent calendar present it's quite similar to my current moisturiser (the Body Shop Drops of Youth) and I've used it before so I know my skin likes it. It just saves me taking a massive pot or trying to scrape the product I'm using into a tiny tub, everyone's a winner! 

Three things that I already use that are the perfect travel sizes are my Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream, the Coconut Glossier Balm Dotcom and my Body Shop Coconut Hand Cream. Three great products that I'm glad can come with me without taking up much space. Also my toothbrush and toothpaste will be coming with me - nothing special but very essential (get me, such a poet).

What's your cutest mini?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home