Friday 20 October 2017

My basket full of goodies | Empties




Sorry I've been a bit MIA - I've had serious laptop issues but all resolved now and I'm back with a bang!

It's taken me a fair few months to gather this collection of empties but I think I have plenty to go on now. Instead of going through all of the products individually, I'm going to put them into three categories - Defs repurchasing, Enjoyed it but could leave it and I'll pass. A lot of these products are body care and skincare as those are the ones I use up the most.

Defs repurchasing

Starting off with the creme de la creme of products I've been using and the Body Shop Coconut Body Butter is something which I would totally repurchase again and again. I love how thick this is, it smells amazing and is everything you want from a moisturiser. I've been through three of the Body Shop Christmas Bubble Baths from last year and I love them. All three of the scents were great and they gave great bubbles! Fingers crossed they bring it back this year. Why not keep on the theme of the Body Shop and move onto the Drops of Youth Concentrate. I'm not going to lie my skin is having a bad spell so I'm trying to rethink my routine but I've really liked this serum. Not only did I use up the one you can see in the photo but I'm also coming to the end of another in the larger size. It's not oily and gives my skin a little bit more hydration under my moisturiser. Winner. Body Shop shower gels are great and the Pina Colada was no exception. Great summer scent. I've spoken about the Simple Micellar Water before so I'll keep it brief - love it, works really well, will definitely be buying it again.

Enjoyed it but could leave it

As much as I love the Coconut Body Butter, I didn't love the Strawberry Body Butter from The Body Shop as much. It was nice and I enjoyed using it but it wouldn't be top of my list of scents to use. Just to clarify, liked it, but didn't love it. As much as I liked the scent of the Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub it just wasn't scrubby enough for me. It was okay and did the job but I do like just a little bit more bitty-ness to my scrub. I'm still yet to find the perfect shampoo duo which is why the L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Shampoo and Conditioner falls into this category. Nothing special but I used it up. Other products I liked but didn't love are the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil, Merci Handy in Lollipop (although I would like to try a different scent and the actual product was really good) and the Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Hand Cream (I'd repurchase the product in a different scent).

I'll pass

Something I wasn't overly keen on was the Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack Eye Cream. Although I really like the cute little pot and the hydration it gave my eyes, it also made them sting like nothing else. They'd start to water before I went to sleep and I'd wake up with quite (incoming TMI warning) 'gunky' eyes. Nothing too concerning so I did use it all but looking back it didn't quite work for me.

What's your favourite product to use at the moment?


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home