Friday 14 November 2014

Favourite Friday: Travelling Light


When I say travelling light I mean weight not an actual flashing light thing (I just read back the title and realised that it could get misunderstood). This time last week I'd just come home for a little weekend away which was super cute and really nice. Anyway. I thought that this would be a good chance to see how much I can condense my makeup bag. Challenge!


Let's start with face. I know that it looks like a lot of products but for me these are the essentials, I think I have a problem. I start with the mini benefit porefessional primer, which I'm still unsure how i feel about it, the use the Sephora 47 brush to blend over my beautiful face. If my bags are particularly bad I'll use the Seventeen phwoarr paint then go in with the Mac pro long wear concealer to cover up pretty much all of my face! Then I powder it up using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and a brush I once got free in a kit. After I've done my eyes I bronze my face with the Boujouis chocolate bronzer and add a bit of colour with the Benefit Dandelion blush.


Eyes eyes eyes! I took my Sleek eyebrow pencil back with me as I could choose if I wanted light brows or heavier ones. Setting these with the Maybelline Brow drama I 'prime' my eyes with the Maybelline colour tattoo in Rose Gold and go straight in with probably the best palette ever (Too Faced natural eyes). In the pictures I used the colours in the top row, heaven on the lid, cashmere bunny through the crease and sexpresso on the outer corners. I quickly lined my eyes with the L'oreal super liner, put some Rimmel brown eyeliner on my waterline and applied the Seventeen backlash and Clinique high impact mascara on my lashes. I should also mention that to highlight my face on the tops of my cheekbones I use the Maybelline eyeshadow in naked beige.


For lips I took three options; Mac shy girl, Kiko 902 and Rimmel Heather Shimmer. In the photos below I'm wearing Heather shimmer lightly patted on and the blended out. I think that I took a pretty successful makeup pack. Just the right amount that I used everything and I never thought "I forgot to bring such and such". Challenge won! The sense of achievement is unreal.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home