Tuesday 27 August 2013

Road to University! Week Two

Another week of preparing for university has passed and I can happily say that it's been very productive! My little collection of spoons and tissues has exploded with things I didn't even know existed never mind that I needed. It's really exciting, but it's at the point now where I can barely walk to my wardrobe, and I need to get dressed! Also I've still got a ton more stuff to buy!

So since this week has been mostly about collecting the essentials (and some not so essentials!) I thought I'd share some of the important items and what they're for to help some of you who are going to university or even just moving into a place of your own if you didn't really know what you needed to buy. I'll warn you now...it's very green.

This is probably the best example to me not having a clue to the type of things I need. My auntie bought me this in a 'university bundle' after passing my exams (it's great cause everything is green!). This is a floor and surface cleaner that is in a gel like form. Is it bad that I didn't think I'd have to clean floors...and/or surfaces...don't judge me. It's in a handy size and smells quite nice for a floor cleaner so this might make cleaning fun (heres hoping!). Also I know it's going to work well as I know that Flash are a good floor cleaning brand so my new floors and surfaces will be getting quality!


These products are also things that I know we have in my house but I didn't even think I would need it! The products on the left are J-cloths, but much nicer as they match my green theme instead of being blue and stripy. I know, I have a problem. Thinking about it now, I actually use these to wipe up crumbs and stains a lot so I'd be pretty lost without these. On the right there is a febreze, New Zealand scent spray. I've heard from all of the adverts that it's used to make the air in a room smell nice but I've never actually used one and seen one used. Does that make me smelly? I don't think so. 


So when I was thinking of things to buy for my flat and room, these things as well as the obvious bedding and decoration spring to mind. I really enjoy cooking and baking (which will be explained more in next weeks post as I hope to be blitzing the kitchen) and whenever I go into shops like Lakeland I literally have a baking orgasm...seriously. I'm hoping to do some baking whilst I'm there, even though I know I'm going to be busy, I'm determined to bake! As you can see I still kept the green theme in my silicone cupcake tray, but sometimes it's hard to keep it going! The cutest thing in my little 'cook's collection' is my onion dome (the plastic domed container on the right). I just think it's super cute! It's to use when I chop half an onion to save the rest for later. I love onions so I think I'm going to get a lot of use from this.


These things are going to be my saviours in freshers week! Ibuprofen for all of the headaches, Rennies for all of my bloated needs and vitamin C so I'm not a zombie. But, you know, always..drink..responsibly..? (Go crazy!)


So that's the end of this week's post! Hope it helped some of you with some of the things that you might need to buy before moving into a place of your own. Have a good week and I'll see you later!


            My room is literally an IKEA

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home