Tuesday 20 August 2013

Road to University! Week One

It's been 5 days since I found out my results and I am beyond excited to start university, but I never actually realised how much there was to do! In less than a month I'll be heading off to Nottingham Trent to study Print Journalism and everyone will see my sexy face everywhere (jokes!). 

I never really realised what a huge deal it was moving out, being by myself in the big wide world. It's like I am ready to be on my own, to have my own space (and new things!), but at the same time I don't have a clue how TO live on my own. I mean I can bake and decorate 12 cupcakes no problem, but when I attempt to cook pasta it's like chewing on plastic, delicious! However, I have a month to perfect the issues so who knows, i might be a pasta making pro by the time I leave!

For me, this week on the 'road to university' has been all about celebrating my results and making sure I confirm my place so I don't turn up in September and they've given my place away (which knowing me would probably happen). So excited to move into my new room in Gill Street South as it's brand new so it'll be squeaky clean when I move in! I've checked my confirmation emails probably a hundred times to make sure I've not missed anything, and I haven't although I'm still not convinced. Also this week I had my claim to fame after being featured in the Halifax Courier. Only my picture but still, better than nothing at all. I do think that my face is at it's best when I'm in mid speech...not.

For my course induction I've been given the task of reading many, many newspapers and keeping up to date on all things current. So far I think I'm doing quite well, however I have noticed that the news in my local area isn't too exciting, but I'm persevering! Some of the things I've found out from reading the different types of newspapers, like The Observer compared to the Daily Mirror, has made me really excited for the course. I cannot wait to get cracking! However, I still feel like there is a long way to go and I need to make the 10 'o' clock news seem more exciting. 

Probably the BEST thing about going to university for me was that it was an excuse to buy my very first laptop! I know, I'm very selfish. I already have an iPad but I have always wanted a macbook and thanks to a long serving savings account my dreams came true! The only problem is that I think I may be slightly addicted...don't judge me. I'm not the most 'tech savvy' though so I had to be told by multiple people the amount of memory I need and if I need an external hard drive or not, so whilst they were sorting that out, I was picking out a pretty case (I went with turquoise in case you wondered). I just need to remember that when I actually get to university I need to use my laptop for all the right reasons, and not get addicted to minesweeper which I've already downloaded...

So congratulations to all who passed and are going in the same direction I am. I can tell it's going to be an amazing journey and I hope that you come along for the ride!







Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home